OTP Industrial Solutions has expanded its mechanical seal inventory to include the newly introduced Flowserve ISC2 family of mechanical seals.
“We are stocking nearly every standard seal configuration possible to service the Durco Group I and Group II pumps,” states Tim Davis, Pump Specialist. “We have both 1-3/8” and 1-7/8” shaft sizes to support both large bore and standard bore stuffing boxes.”
The Flowserve ISC2 Series is a complete family of mechanical seals that provide exceptional reliability and standardization over a wide variety of industrial applications. It is the preferred mechanical seal for ANSI and general service pump applications and the seal design is so versatile it may be the only seal required by some facilities. Facilities that standardize on the ISC2 will benefit from less inventory, greater flexibility, rapid availability, less downtime, and longer seal life.
The ISC2 mechanical seal introduces new technology exclusive to Flowserve and offers many upgrades to competitive seals.
- Exclusive Thermal Management Technology – tolerates dry running and cavitation events associated with “bad actors”. The addition of carbon graphite between the rotary face and metal components acts as a heat sink to lower seal face generated heat.
- Square Head Pin – centered in the rotary face the square head self-aligns to evenly distribute torque loads, thus reducing face fractures. The torque carrying capability is three times that of similar competitive seals.
- Throttle Bushing – increased size of the throttle or “disaster bushing”. When seal failures do occur, the process can be directed to the drain port for added safety, and to provide an improved housekeeping advantage.
- Enhanced Barrier Circulation – groove machined in the gland to assist with barrier fluid circulation. The added circulation further helps to keep the seal faces clean and operating cooler.
- Thicker Bellows – manufactured bellows thickest in the industry. Available in sizes up to 3.750″.
- Improved Set Screw Material – made from 17-4 H900 stainless steel to insure a positive bite into the sleeve/shaft, thus reducing slippage and galling of the drive collar. This upgrade also makes it easier to remove the seal if required.
ISC2 seals meet all major international standards and ISC2-682 seals help customers align their standardization programs with the sealing industry’s most comprehensive best-practice standard: API 682/ISO 21049.
1900 Jetway Blvd
Columbus, OH 43219